WinHex 9.96 Beta Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

X-Ways User Forum » Public Announcements » WinHex 9.96 Beta « Previous Next »

Stefan Fleischmann (Admin)
Posted on Tuesday, Sep 18, 2001 - 3:15:   

WinHex 9.96 Beta is available for download. What's new?

* Compiler upgrade

* Makes use of new file selection dialogs in Windows Me, 2000, and XP.

* Everything previously included in WinHex 9.95 Beta.

I plan to add scripting ability (please see here for details).

Please post any suggestions and error reports concerning this beta version right here or send them via e-mail.
Maria
Posted on Wednesday, Sep 19, 2001 - 17:02:   

Rijndeal encryption
Free new AES
Anonymous
Posted on Tuesday, Sep 25, 2001 - 20:50:   

I liked the arrows that allowed adjusting the number of bytes per line. Where did they go?
Posted on Tuesday, Sep 25, 2001 - 20:56:   

They are now contained in the toolbar and the menu View | Lines & Columns.

You may also set the number of bytes per line directly, in the General Options dialog.
Posted on Thursday, Sep 27, 2001 - 2:21:   

WinHex 9.96 Beta B is available for download.

* WinHex now keeps a history of your offset jumps within a document and allows to go back and foward in the chain later.

* When viewing the sectors with the file allocation tables of logical drives (FAT12, FAT16, or FAT32), you will be shown the meaning of each table entry (next cluster in the chain, end marker, etc.).

* The details panel's context menu was extended for logical drives.

* WinHex can check for additional sectors at the end of physical disks now also under Windows 9x/Me, and thus possibly access sectors that would have remained undetected otherwise.

* Some errors from the original WinHex 9.96 Beta version were fixed.

* Various other minor improvements.
Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (Nirvdrum)
Posted on Wednesday, Oct 3, 2001 - 1:01:   

When I try to open a raw disk in disk editor, during the sector scan, my mouse locks up and never comes back. Everything else works otherwise though :-/ Is this a known bug?
Posted on Wednesday, Oct 3, 2001 - 3:06:   

No known bug. This happens when WinHex checks the disk for surplus sectors? May I ask which Windows version you are using? Any special equipment? (e.g. SCSI disk) Thanks.

Sorry, for the moment I only can recommend you disable checking for surplus sectors (see General Options).
Kevin J. Menard, Jr. (Nirvdrum)
Posted on Wednesday, Oct 3, 2001 - 21:55:   

Win98. No SCSI, just IDE. But my drive does have a ReiserFS and linux swap partition on it (but I think I had this problem with a drive without it too.)

If I come up with anything else, I'll let you know, but for the time being, I just went back down to the stable version
Posted on Sunday, Oct 21, 2001 - 11:34:   

With the release of WinHex 10.0, WinHex 9.96 Beta becomes obsolete and is no longer available for download.
Forum operated by X-Ways Software Technology AG.