Features of the upcoming WinHex 9.75 Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Edit Profile

X-Ways Forum » Public Announcements » Features of the upcoming WinHex 9.75 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan Fleischmann (Admin)
Posted on Friday, Mar 30, 2001 - 2:14:   

In the upcoming WinHex version 9.75 the concept of relative record offsets will be extended. There will be a new menu item "Record Presentation" in the Position menu, providing support for fixed-length records.

* You can specify any fixed record size and an offset where to begin record counting.

* When editing subsequent data records of the same size you may now have WinHex display every other record with a different background color, as a kind of visual aid. The color can be
selected in the General Options dialog.

* In addition, the Go To Offset command now supports moving the current position in units of the current record size.

If you are interested, please feel free to try the WinHex 9.75 beta version from http://www.winhex.com/winhex975.zip.

Peter
Posted on Friday, Apr 6, 2001 - 22:57:   

I suggest that the "Template manager" and "Position Manager" windows should be non-blocking (non-modal).
Imagine you search for directories of a FAT filesystem. As you click trough the positions found, you would like to see them as FAT directory entries immediately, right?

Stefan Fleischmann (Admin)
Posted on Friday, Apr 6, 2001 - 23:06:   

The Position Manager window can be minimized, so you may switch between the positions in the selected order by pressing Ctrl+Left and Ctrl+Right.

WRT the Template Manager, I agree it would be useful to be able to browse to directory entries in other, non-adjacent clusters without having to close the template. Something for my To Do list, thank you!
Forum operated by X-Ways Software Technology AG.