|Stefan Fleischmann (Admin)
|Posted on Monday, Aug 19, 2002 - 23:49: |
A beta version of WinHex 10.52 is now available here.
* The "Calculate Digest" command in the Tools menu has been extended. It is now called "Calculate Hash" and allows to select from simple 8-bit to 64-bit checksums, CRC16, CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and PSCHF.
* The disk contents table now supports all of the above hash types to be calculated for listed files (previously MD5 and PSCHF only).
* One of the above hash types may also be calculated and shown automatically in the details panel whenever a file is opened (previously CS32 and CRC32 only). Long hashes can be fully seen and also copied by right-clicking the details panel.
* MD5 calculation is now 10% faster. An MD5 can now also be included in a compressed backup.
* The record display options can now be applied either to the current window only or globally in WinHex.
* The chosen font size for printing is preserved if the print resolution cannot be determined correctly by WinHex.
* On Windows NT/2000/XP, WinHex can now access up to 30 physical hard disks with the disk editor.
* Some minor improvements.
For full functionality, you must install WinHex 10.5 prior to adding the WinHex 10.52 Beta files.