WinHex: Computer Forensics
& Data Recovery Software,
Hex Editor & Disk Editor
XP/2003/Vista/2008/7/8/8.1/2012/10, 32 Bit/64 Bit*
Feb 21, 2019
in its core a universal
hexadecimal editor, particularly helpful in the realm of computer forensics, data
recovery, low-level data processing, and IT security. An advanced tool for everyday
and emergency use: inspect and edit all kinds of files, recover deleted files or lost data
from hard drives with corrupt file systems or from digital
camera cards. Features depend on the license type (license
type comparison), among them:
- Disk editor for
hard disks, floppy disks, CD-ROM & DVD, ZIP, Smart Media, Compact Flash, ...
- Native support for FAT12/16/32, exFAT, NTFS,
Ext2/3/4, Next3®, CDFS, UDF
- Built-in interpretation of RAID systems and
- Various data recovery techniques
- RAM editor,
providing access to physical RAM and other processes' virtual memory
- Data interpreter, knowing 20 data types
- Editing data structures using templates
(e.g. to repair partition table/boot sector)
- Concatenating and splitting files, unifying and dividing odd and even
- Analyzing and comparing files
- Particularly flexible search and replace functions
- Disk cloning
(under DOS with X-Ways Replica)
- Drive images & backups (optionally compressed or split into 650 MB
- Programming interface (API) and scripting
- 256-bit AES encryption, checksums, CRC32, hashes (MD5, SHA-1, ...)
- Erase (wipe) confidential files securely, hard drive cleansing
to protect your privacy
- Import all clipboard formats, incl. ASCII hex values
- Convert between binary, hex ASCII, Intel Hex, and Motorola S
- Character sets: ANSI ASCII, IBM ASCII, EBCDIC, (Unicode)
- Instant window switching. Printing. Random-number generator.
- Supports files of any size. Very
fast. Easy to use. Extensive program help.
Having all the bits and bytes in a computer at your
fingertips has become a reality. Try before you buy. Computer forensics edition of WinHex
with even more features:
Registered professional users include:
Microsoft Corp., Hewlett Packard, Deloitte & Touche, KPMG Forensic, Ernst & Young,
Ericsson, National Semiconductor, Siemens AG, Lockheed Martin, BAE Systems,
U.S. federal law enforcement agencies, ... (more)
Please check out the newsletter archive or
User interface and program help fully
available in English and German.
User interface also partially available in Chinese, Japanese,
Spanish, Italian, Portuguese.
*Limitations under Windows Vista/2008
Server/7: Physical RAM cannot be opened. Unable to write sectors on
the partitions that contain Windows and WinHex.
Earlier versions may be made available to
licensed users on request.